- Adjei E, Behrens R, Wasswa B and Zuidgeest M, 2014: A travel behaviour change framework for the City of Cape Town, Report commissioned by Transport for Cape Town, City of Cape Town, Cape Town.
- Bakker S, Zuidgeest M, De Coninck H and Huizenga C, 2014: Transport, development and climate change mitigation: Towards an Integrated Approach, Transport Reviews, 34(3), pp. 335-355.
- Behrens R, 2014: Urban mobilities: Innovation and diffusion in public transport, in Parnell S and Oldfield S (eds), A Routledge handbook on cities of the Global South, Routledge, Oxford.
- Bruun E and Behrens R, 2014: Paratransit in Sub-Saharan African cities: Improving and integrating ‘informal’ services, Shaping the New Future of Paratransit: An International Conference on Demand Responsive Transit, Transportation Research Board, Monterey.
- Chitauka F and Vanderschuren M, 2014: An investigation into the performance of full BRT and partial bus priority strategies at intersections by micro-simulation modelling in a South African context, 33rd Southern African Transport Conference, Pretoria.
- Cooke S and Behrens R, 2014: A comparative empirical analysis of the relationship between public transport and land use characteristics, 33rd Southern African Transport Conference, Pretoria.
- Munshi T, Zuidgeest M, Brussel M and Van Maarseveen M, 2014: Logistic regression and Cellular Automata-based modelling of retail, commercial and residential development in the city of Ahmedabad, India, Cities: the International Journal of Urban Policy and Planning, 39(August 2014), pp. 68-86.
- Niyonsenga D and Zuidgeest M, 2014: Public transport service availability: a redefinition of urban landscape structure. In: 2014 World Bank conference on Land and Poverty, 24-27 March 2014, Washington DC, USA.
- Phayane S, Vanderschuren M, Jennings G and Newton-Reid L, 2014: Non-motorised transport: Best practice manual, Department of Environmental Affairs, funded by KfW German Development Bank, Pretoria.
- Scheper W, Zuidgeest M, Brussel M and Klok E, 2014: So many bicycle cities, so many bicycle footprints: The Climate Value of Cycling to measure the contribution of cycling to urban sustainability, Verkeerskunde, (2014)4: ANWB 2014 [in Dutch]
- Shumi S, Zuidgeest M, Martinez J, Efroymson D and Van Maarseveen M, 2014: Understanding the relationship between walkability and quality-of-life of women garment workers in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Applied Research in Quality of Life, April 2014.
- Singh Y, Fard P, Zuidgeest M, Brussel M and Van Maarseveen M, 2014: Measuring transit oriented development: a spatial multi criteria assessment approach for the City Region Arnhem and Nijmegen, Journal of Transport Geography, 35, pp. 130-143.
- Vanderschuren M and Khumalo N, 2014: Visibility improvements through information provision regarding sun glare: A case study in Cape Town, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on the Use of Mobile ICT in Africa, Stellenbosch
Vanderschuren M and McKune D, 2014: Dead or alive: Can road accident victims in the Western Cape get access to trauma care?, 33rd Southern African Transport Conference, Pretoria.
- Vanderschuren M, Phayane S, Taute A, Ribbens H, Dingle N, Pillay K, Zuidgeest M, Enicker S, Baufeldt J and Jennings G, NMT facility guidelines, 2014: Policy and legislation, planning, design and operations, Department of Transport, Pretoria.
- Zietsman D and Vanderschuren M, 2014: Analytic hierarchy process assessment for potential multi-airport systems: The case of Cape Town, Journal of Air Transport Management, Vol 36, pp41-49.
Zuidgeest M, Van Maarseveen M and Brussel M (special issue editors), 2014: Special issue GIS for sustainable urban transport, ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information, Vol 4, No 2.