- Adjei E and Behrens R, 2013: The dynamics of mode-switching: Findings from a mobility biography study in Cape Town, 13th World Conference on Transport Research, Rio de Janeiro.
- Behrens R and Jobanputra R, 2013: The impact of traffic safety and crime on travel behaviour and attitudes in Cape Town: A review of empirical evidence, in Mohan D (ed), Safety, sustainability, and future urban transport, Eicher Goodearth, Delhi.
- Behrens R, 2013: Disability inclusion in transport studies, Disability Catalyst Africa, Series No 4: Beyond the ‘If” to ‘How’: Disability Inclusion in Higher Education, pp74-85.
- Beukes E, Vanderschuren M, Zuidgeest M, Brussel M and Van Maarseveen M, 2013: Quantifying the contextual influences on road design, Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol 28, pp344-358.
- Grey P and Behrens R, 2013: A case for smarter city growth: A strategic analysis of Cape Town’s Phase 1a BRT system and its supporting land use environment, 32nd Southern African Transport Conference, Pretoria.
- Ithana T and Vanderschuren M, 2013: Investigation of separation distances between cyclists and motorists in Cape Town, 32nd Southern African Transport Conference, Pretoria.
- Kane L, Baleni V and Cooke S, 2013: Impoverished data: Experiences and lessons in collecting Cape Town data for the Millennium Cities Database. 32nd Southern African Transport Conference, Pretoria.
- Proctor V and Del Mistro R, 2013: The cost to employers of limiting the catchment size from which they employ their staff, 13th World Conference on Transport Research, Rio de Janeiro.
- Salazar Ferro P and Behrens R, 2013: Paratransit and formal public transport operational complementarity: Imperatives, alternatives and dilemmas, 13th World Conference on Transport Research, Rio de Janeiro.
- Salazar Ferro P, Behrens R and Wilkinson P, 2013: Hybrid urban public transport systems in developing countries: Portents and prospects, Research in Transportation Economics, Vol 39, No 1, pp121-132.
- Schalekamp H and Behrens R, 2013: Engaging the paratransit sector in Cape Town on public transport reform: Progress, process and risks, Research in Transportation Economics, Vol 39, No 1, pp185-190.
- Schalekamp H, 2013: Attitudes to public transport reform in South Africa: Results of in-depth interviews with operators, 13th World Conference on Transport Research, Rio de Janeiro.
- Vanderschuren M and De Vries D, 2013: Advanced public transportation management and real-time information provision: What are the effects on improved customer satisfaction?, 16th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, The Hague.