- Behrens R and Kane L, 2004: Road capacity change and its impact on traffic in congested networks: evidence and implications, Development Southern Africa, Vol 21, No 4, October.
- Behrens R and Phillips B, 2004: Findings of learner travel surveys in Cape Town, and the prospects of establishing a longitudinal learner travel database, 23rd Southern African Transport Conference: Getting Recognition for the Importance of Transport, Pretoria.
- Behrens R, 2004: Child and learner travel in Cape Town: Problems and prospects, Urban Forum, Vol 15, No 3, pp254-278.
- Behrens R, 2004: Understanding travel needs of the poor: towards improved travel analysis practices in South Africa, Transport Reviews, Vol 24, No 3, pp317-36.
- Behrens R, Diaz Olvera L, Plat D, Pochet P, 2004: Collection of passenger travel data in West and Southern African cities: Towards a research agenda for improving survey instruments and procedures, 10th World Conference on Transport Research, Istanbul.
- Behrens R, Diaz Olvera L, Plat D, Pochet P, 2004: Meta-analysis of travel behaviour of the poor in West and Southern African cities, 10th World Conference on Transport Research, Istanbul.
- Dewar D and Todeschini F, 2004: Rethinking urban transport after modernism: Lessons from South Africa, Ashgate, Aldershot.
- Jobanputra R, Vanderschuren M, Twine T, Beeton F and Bowler K, 2004:, Investigation into institutional and efficiency mechanisms to promote transport fuel efficiency and conservation in South Africa, Research report for the Department of Minerals and Energy, September 2004
- Kane L, 2004: Sustainable development? A practical tool for South African transport planners, 23rd South African Transport Conference: Getting Recognition for the Importance of Transport, Pretoria.