Management & Governance
The day-to-day management and administration of the Centre is undertaken by the CfTS Director (Roger Behrens).
An CfTS Advisory Board meets annually to advise on course curricula, and the positioning of the Centre within the South African tertiary education environment.
In addition to relevant UCT staff and student representatives, the Board includes representation from the following bodies:
- National Department of Transport;
- Passenger Rail Association of South Africa;
- South African Roads Agency Limited;
- Department of Transport and Public Works (Provincial Government of the Western Cape);
- Transport and Urban Development Authority (City of Cape Town); and selected individuals with experience and expertise in the fields of transport planning, traffic engineering, bus operations management, and non-motorised transportation.